I found that a great way to keep learning within a company is through an infolunch.
This is an hour a week where , during lunch, people at your company share something, or watch something that teaches everyone something.
You can make this as elaborate as you want and you can do things like:
- Watch a technical (or otherwise educational) video or presentation. For instance a talk from a conference or a Pluralsight course
- Have somebody present something interesting about a project they are working on
- this will help people to prepare a presentation and talk in front of a group
- additionally, the person presenting, will have a very deep understanding of the topic, as they will have to dive deep to be able to explain it
- Discuss a particular challenge within the organization or project and try to solve it with the group
Ask your boss for time to organize this and for time to prepare for a presentation during the lunch.
This is an easy way to learn and share and it will also foster a work culture of sharing and learning – give it a try!